Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Batmaaaaannn (dudda-dudda-dudda-dudda)....

Yikes.  My follower count has gone from 212 to 210 so far in 2017.  At this rate, I'll be down to 150 by year's end.  (I'm committing the logical fallacy of assuming 1) a given trend will continue and 2) continue at the same rate.)  I shouldn't obsess over this stuff, but I do.  Give me something to obsess over, and odds are I will.  That's me.

Meanwhile, I seem to have "found" my beloved Batman ring of 1966 (the Adam West series was huge that year)--a gumball machine charm that cost me a whole quarter.  It was rubber, and it was much larger than the mundane ten-cent Batman ring that everyone, including me, owned, and I wanted it.  Once I got my hands on two bits, I ran to the drug store across from my house, stuck my coin in the machine, turned the handle, and out dropped....


At least, I think this is that.  I'm more than 90 percent sure, anyway--I'd have to see it stretched out, but it looks like the rubber ring I owned.  The big problem is the keychain (?) that comes with it--I don't remember any such adornment.  Anyway, it's very cool, but not $20 cool.  And besides, if I bought it, all I'd do is stick it someplace, where it would sit, unused and unloved, cursing eBay with its last breath for doing this to it.

Okay, there's another ad for the same thing, and this view convinces me it's the one (except for that dang keychain):



Oh, am I tempted to "Buy It Now."  But I'll save $20 and not.  Nothing is cool enough to justify an 8,000% mark-up.  (Just kidding--that's pretty conservative for a collectible Boomer toy.)

Besides, I'm sure it no longer fits.


Lee


No comments: