Monday, January 20, 2014

Sunday gospel selection, from 1908



Me, "live" at the Casio WK-3800.  This is easier to play on a real/actual piano, but it came out okay, regardless.  You may notice me speeding up a bit on the chorus, and that's the result of me starting over, with the flubbed portion edited out. These things happen; we bear with them and try to become better people.  This is a marvelous, old-fashioned anthem that would sound cool with a choir, except that nobody does this kind of stuff anymore.  As far as I know, anyway.  I found no images for composer De Loss Smith, but here's the man who gave us the words:


Charles R. Scoville (1869-1937). Image courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal, the best website in the world.

NOTE (9/5/15): I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FILE--I'LL SEEK IT OUT AND POST.

Lee

No comments: