Monday, April 24, 2006

100,000 visitors! Scheduled outage! Boxnet out to lunch!

Um.... Feel free to comment. I don't bite! (Or nip. Or scratch. Unlike some cats I can name.) Let me hear from you. About anything. Such as how incredibly cute Tucker is in the yellow wagon, his tongue sticking out. He lost his teeth at a young age (everyone in his extended family of strays have/had dental issues) and that's why his kitty tongue, often as not, is on display. He's the sweetest cat who ever lived, by the way. He's one of two official greeters--cats who welcome newcomers into the brood while others are busy hissing, swatting, and otherwise acting like jerks.

Wow! 100,000, and then some! A milestone! And you... was there!

Scheduled outage at 4PM PDT. I keep forgetting what time that is in our zone. 7 PM or 8 PM. One of the two. Lots of scheduled outings lately. I'm getting paranoid.

No, just kidding. I've always been paranoid.

I need 100,000-listener music. Let me repost something--anything. Ummm....

Journey Into Space, Frank Weir's Saxophone and Orchestra, 1955. From London 45.

Round Town Girls, The Hill Billies, 1926.

Huh? The Top Kicks, 1954. From Guyden label 78.

Rock the Joint, Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians, 1949.

Little Joe from Chicago, Andy Kirk and His Clouds of Joy, 1957. From RCA Victor LP.

Annnnnnd... it looks like Boxnet is not functioning. Oh, splendid.


Lee

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee, this is your daily and nite time listener Byron enjoying the music and blog we (possibly) won't hear or read anyplace else. Your site is unique and you make us feel so welcome everytime and anytime some un-heard music or comment burps out through this wondrous place to visit (often). Thanks for your kind replys and informative works on makin' the ol' music new again! My cat is celebrating too!

Byron

The Impaler said...

I'd be celebrating too if Box was working... they're down (switching stuff between servers supposedly...)...

BUT!! I managed to burn off a complete CDR with all your stuff so I can have a grand assortment while I drive to & from work (60-90 mins each way depending on traffic), so I don't feel too bad :)

The assortment usually impresses anyone I am talking with on the amateur VHF repeater, which reminds me to turn down the audio, but, hey, it has spurred some interesting conversations while en route!

Happy kitties!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lee,
When will you start a third blog to catch up with Brad?
If Boxnet keeps acting up, I suggest that you remove the 'else' from the name of your blog...
Will be catching up with all the music on all five (!!!) blogs tomorrow or the day after. I still have a few hours of work before enjoying a well-deserved one-day vacation...
See you soon, then,
Lady Domi.

The Impaler said...

Box works now, and I'm pretty much all caught up. Just in time to post some more stuff tomorrow.....after sleep and before another night at work. Is this a competition? Naaah, just healthy sharing of interesting musics, yea, that's it, that's the ticket, that's the turkey's suspenders... (wide grin)

Ernie said...

Congrats on the 100000 visitor milestone! It takes a lot of hard work to attract that much attention.

Anonymous said...

Hi...
I appreciate that version of Journey into Space. It's the theme music from a BBC science fiction serial - A favorite of mine.
I'll include this music in the folder with the serial on Streamload, where I share old time radio.
Always looking for more SF related music.
Steve in SF

Lee Hartsfeld said...

Great to hear from everyone! I'd give a more detailed answer, but I'm... pretty... zonked out... from....

allergies....

(Clunk!)

Thanks, all. The cats say hi, too!

Or was that, "Feed us. NOW!!"? Probably the latter.

Lee

The Impaler said...

...or "LET ME IN! MEOW!"... or "LET ME OUT! MEOW!"... or any other command they deem as absolutely important RIGHT MEOW!!...

Anonymous said...

I think I was your 25,000th visitor. This blog is great not only because of the music, but you put your personality in it. As Byron sed, it is truly a unique blog. However, it behooveth you to not ever tire of this and continue forever. Thank you.

The Round Town girls is great beyond words, so i wont say anything.

The "huh" girl, is sexy. Put up more of that stuff....

More of that Andy Kirk stuff too.

Good stuff and congrats again!

Lee Hartsfeld said...

Mike,

Why, thank you! And I've got a rant or two coming, speaking of putting my personality into the proceedings. Semi-comical ones, as usual. Yes, about two months into this gig--if not earlier--I decided to make it "my" blog. That is, to indulge in some of the things bloggers are advised not to do. Hence, I write long entries, I talk about religion and politics, I rant, I go all over the place musically, and I experiment with different approaches whenever I have the chance. To me, it's all about respecting my visitors. Having faith in their intelligence. In other words, giving people the regard and consideration I'd like them to give me. And I couldn't be more pleased with the reader/listenership I've attracted! I'm honored to attract such neat and interesting folks.


Lee

Anonymous said...

JOURNEY INTO SPACE was from the BBC Radio Show of the same name
A serial written by Charles Chilton
It was about Spacemen on Mars finding people already there from the Year 1923 already there(Great Show I listened to skeert to death weekly(BOB..The DON RICHARDSON guy)Take Care LEE(Nice Toon)